Monday, January 5, 2015

Outfits of the week: Week 1

I'm super nervous about this post. Because from now on I'm showing my face. Yes, that's right. From now on you can see my showing the outfits. I'm quite nervous, since people can be quite mean, especially online. It's not the reason why I never posted my face though. I have a skin condition eczema and when I started my blog I had eczema on my face. I wanted to blog, but I didn't want to show my face. I started blogging and it felt good. But eventually I thought about showing my face. I decided I would make my decision after I graduated. I still wasn't sure after my graduation but my brother in law convinced me. I want to take my blog to the next level and in order to that I'll have to show my face. This means that other people might recognize me now, which is also somewhat scary. But as a journalist you have to be present on the internet nowadays. So here I am with my first outfits of the week of 2015 with my face!



 

You can definitely tell I'm still getting used to the camera, so bear with me. This week was the week of the blazers, I wore three in one week. It has been a while I wore this many blazers. I'm not sure why, I have a ton and I love wearing them. This leopard blazer is from New Yorker. The black shirt is from C & A, the boyfriend jeans from H & M and the black pumps from Van Haren.

 

I wore this printed blazer combined with my light pink sweater. Both items are from H & M. The jeans are my superstretch jeans from H & M. The sneakers are from Bershka. They're no match with my Roshe Run, but still super comfy. 

 

Again my superstretch jeans from H & M. The denim jacket is my new denim jacket from Takko Fashion. The floral blouse is my new blouse from C & A. The black ankle boots are from Van Haren. This wasn't an particular warm outfit. The blouse isn't warm and the jacket either. I'm surprised I was still able to smile because I was freezing my ass of.
 

New Years Eve! I worked during the day and the day was over before I knew it. I went to celebrate NYE with friends in a town nearby Amsterdam, called Purmerend. It was great fun and I always love seeing the fireworks. I wore my red dress from Primark and even with my parka from C & A it was so cold outside when we watched the fireworks. The legging is from HEMA and the pumps are from Van Haren.

 
 

I was pretty tired the following day. It feels so weird it's 2015. Sometimes I still think the 90's were 10 years ago. This aztec sweater is also older than I expected. It's very big but warm and perfect for days when you just want to relax. It's quite bulky but looks better in combination with skinny jeans. Both the sweater and the jeans are from H & M. The wedges are from Bershka.

 
 

The bags under my eyes are Prada. My skin color looks almost translucent on these pictures. About the outfit, I'm wearing my bordeaux blazer from H & M, leopard T-shirt from H & M and tregging from H & M. The blue wedges are from Van Haren (old).  

 

If you're thinking this outfit looks familiar, then you're correct. It does look familiar, but it's not the same. I wore a similar outfit last year, see here for the comparison. Not that I'm against recycling outfits, it's almost impossible, even with my wardrobe. I indeed wore my fluffy vest from H & M with a H & M T-shirt, though I wore the floral T-shirt and not the leopard T-shirt this time. I did buy both of the T-shirts on the same day. I combined it with my tregging from H & M again, but I did wear different black ankle boots. I wore my ankle boots from H & M instead of my ankle boots from Van Haren.

10 comments:

  1. Aw, you are beautiful. Glad you feel confident to take on the new year in this manner!
    Love that brick colored sweater, it looks so cozy.

    http://ahappinessundefined.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You're too kind :). And that sweater is indeed very cozy :)

      Delete
  2. Love your look! Gorgeous <3

    http://www.indahjelita.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leuke foto's en er is echt geen reden om nerveus te zijn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely casual outfits, love your jackets and red dress x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin