Friday, April 25, 2014

Orange pride

It's Kingsday tomorrow. It's a holiday in the Netherlands when we celebrate the birthday of our king Willem-Alexander. This is the first year we celebrate Kingsday, because last year was the inauguration of our king (remember the dress of his wife?) on April 30th, which was until this year Queensday. We said goodbye that day to our queen Beatrix. The good thing about abdication is we get a new monarch, but we don't really loose the other monarch. That one simply doesn't get to be called queen or king. Also fun, last year was the first in more than 100 years we got a king. Yes, we had 3 queens in a row. And after this king we get a queen again! I have to work tomorrow, but for everyone who's going to de rommelmarkt (the flea market), here's some outfit inspiration!



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

You probably noticed the orange in all the outfits. That's because it's the name of the house of the Dutch Royal Family (Oranjes). So some people like to dress in orange!

Enjoy your day, whether you'll be celebrating Kingsday or not! Of course I wish the people who aren't from the Netherlands an awesome day as well!

Source: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

23 comments:

  1. Hey :)
    Your blog is really great-i love it so much. Maybe you're interested in following each other ? I would love it ❤ Pls let me know in a comment on my blog
    kisses, Anna ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, of course I want to follow you!

      Delete
  2. thats a nice outfit :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love a pop of orange in summers! Lovely pics. I wanna try the orange jacket look!
    You have such a wonderful blog here and I'm so glad I came across it.
    The effort you put in your pictures and content shows! I shall surely be coming around more often!

    Love
    ♥ Heart Bows Makeup ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes orange is a nice summery color! Thank you so much! The pictures are not mine though, but thank you so much for the compliment about my blog!

      Delete
  4. Well I'm not a fan of orange but when styled right looks gorgeous! xo

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, though this day is a little about wearing as much orange as you can. Well for some people, not everybody in the Netherlands!

      Delete
  5. Love orange, looks beautiful on the tanned skin!
    I followed you now darling! Thanks for your lovely comment!
    <3 kisses
    pearlinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great Inspirations :)
    Great idea to Dress for this occation in the right colour :)
    I follow you now via GFC and bloglovin... Would be great if you follow back :)

    http://coco-colo.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really into orange, lately! :)
    Love your blog!


    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back!
    I have a new post every day!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, of course I want to follow you!

      Delete
  8. Love the first look. Orange is the new black i guess.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I guess, still meaning to watch the show!

      Delete
  9. Orange is definitely an amazing shade to go for! Those pics are really inspiring and summery <3 How about following each other via GFC/Bloglovin'/Instagram/FB page? I would love to :) just let me know on my blog and I'll make sure to follow back asap! Have a nice day babe xx
    Isotta
    Red Velvet | Bloglovin' | Instagram | Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Of course I want to follow :)

      Delete
  10. Great Post & lovely Blog:-)
    I follow you now on GFC & Bloglovin.
    Hope you follow back♥
    http://inaalovephotographie.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Of course I want to follow you :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing such information through your post, very much useful and informative. You can also visit my post at Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin